Dear USEC members,
In accordance with USEC’s bylaws, the deadline for submitting candidacies for the USEC Presidency is opened. All members with a seniority equal to or greater than three months may submit an application, as well as exercise the vote. Candidates must submit their candidacy by email to the Electoral Committee through the Contact section of the USEC website:
The application submission must include the following information:
- Name and brief bio of the candidate for President.
- Name and brief bio of each of the USEC members included in the application. At least three and no more than ten USEC members will be included in each candidacy.
- Description of your proposed ideas on how to lead USEC to achieve your mission.
The candidacy that receives the highest number of votes will assume the leadership of the association, in accordance with USEC’s Bylaws.
In case of a tie to votes among several candidates, the Electoral Committee will call a new vote to elucidate the winning bid. In the event that no candidacy is submitted, the current President will repeat the mandate and direct the creation of a new Board of Directors with the members of the USEC, as established in the Statutes.
The following calendar is established:
- December 1, 2017: Opening of the deadline for the presentation of candidacies.
- December 31, 2017: End of the deadline for submitting applications.
- January 8, 2018: Publication of Candidacies by the Electoral Committee
- From January 8 to 19, 2018: Deadline to exercise the vote. The Electoral Committee will send an email to all the members with the right to vote so that they can vote for the candidacies presented. The vote will be made electronically in accordance with the provisions of the Statutes.
- January 22, 2018: Announcement of the electoral result by the Electoral Committee.
The current President will agree with the President-elect the date of the inauguration of the new President, and should not extend more than two weeks from the date of the announcement of the electoral result.
All members are encouraged to participate in these elections from the Electoral Committee.
A cordial greeting,
USEC Electoral Committee
Mónica Martínez, Vice-President
David Carmona, National Director of Business Development
Iñigo Ascanio, Treasurer